Wednesday, November 18, 2009

VELOCIRAPTOR QUEEN-- my latest goof off with GIMP


When I was a child I was obsessed with animals and the powers they have that far surpass the abilities of humans. I wasted a lot of time in elementary school imagining that I was a dinosaur, a horse or a bird so I could fly off out the window.

My childish flights of imagination have found a better creative outlet with photo editing and seeing as Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies I thought I would fashion myself as the fearsome velociraptor. I added the idea of the queen remembering that Michael Crichton had described in his novels the velociraptors as being a matriarchal society.

This photo looks a little creepy but it sure was fun to put all that makeup on and slick my hair back with tons of Aveda paste!!!


I used several layers, paintbrushes of various opacities and sizes and a few different filter effects.

I am wearing a ( superimposed ) necklace from my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment